Syncsort Optimize IMS
Syncsort Optimize IMS is a data migration and application transparency solution specifically designed to address the challenges of IMS data migration to Db2
The need for corporate data transparency
Transparency of corporate data is becoming increasingly important. Competing effectively requires better customer understanding, more integrated internal and supplier processes and the support for a range of channels that are available 24 hours a day. That means data availability and accessibility across the enterprise and beyond.
Db2 provides the rich functionality required by today’s e-business and business intelligence applications and has become the database of choice for z/OS. For many however, extending the benefits of Db2 to legacy IMS data has remained out of reach.
Moving data to Db2 not only involves complex data re-engineering and migration, it also requires extensive modification to application programs – often resulting in an unacceptable level of effort, cost and risk.
A smarter approach to IMS data migration
With Syncsort Optimize IMS, application programs remain unchanged, and that means full protection of your application investments. Powerful mapping and migration tools get you to Db2 quickly, one or more IMS databases at a time. Applications continue to issue IMS/DB requests, but where requested data has been migrated to Db2, Syncsort Optimize IMS retrieves it and delivers it back to the application as if it came from IMS/DB.
Syncsort Optimize IMS benefits
- Rapid delivery
- Transparent data migration
- Lowest risk
- Increase access to critical information.
- Reduce costs
UNLEASH THE POWER OF IMS DATA WITHOUT ANY APPLICATION CHANGES
- 24×7 availability and mixed workload support
- Easy integration with other applications and ebusiness systems
- Open data for business intelligence
- Single mainframe DBA skill set
- Single operational database environment to support
Organizations migrating IMS data to Db2 typically want to achieve one or more business goals:
- Eliminate IMS/DB and achieve significant reduction in their software budget
- Leverage existing IMS data to be the basis of new, and often web based application development