Welcome to the Precisely Global Privacy Notice.
Last Updated: November 20, 2023
This Privacy Notice is issued on behalf of Precisely and those Affiliates included from time to time in our list of Legal Entities. When we mention “Precisely”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Notice, we are referring to the relevant company(ies) in the Legal Entities list who are responsible for processing Personal Data about you (being the “Controller”).
We respect your privacy and are committed to safeguarding your Personal Data that we collect and otherwise process about you, including when you use our website www.precisely.com (the “Site”), products and services (together with the Site, the “Services”), and in connection with data that we may make available or license to our business-to-business customers (“Customers”) when providing such products and services (“Data”).
Please read this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) carefully. By using our Services, you consent, where required, to the collection, use and sharing of your information, including your Personal Data, as described below. If you have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Notice or practices or would like further information about the Controller of your Personal Data, please see the How To Contact Us section below.
If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please do not use, access, or download any of the Services.
What Does This Privacy Notice Cover?
This Privacy Notice applies to Precisely in its role as a “Controller,” as defined in the EU and UK General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”, and is intended to help you understand: (i) how we collect and process your information, including Personal Data; (ii) how we use and disclose your Personal Data; (iii) how we protect your Personal Data; and (iv) the choices you may have concerning your Personal Data and certain rights you may have in relation to it.
When we use the term “Personal Data” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information relating to an identified or identifiable living individual.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to Personal Data provided to us by our Customers, which we process pursuant to their instructions. When processing Personal Data for our Customers, we act as a “Processor” for purposes of GDPR and the terms of our processing are set forth in the relevant agreement(s) between us and our Customers.
This Privacy Notice also does not cover Personal Data collected and processed by certain Precisely Affiliates that maintain separate privacy notices specific to their businesses. Specifically, the data processing activities of PlaceIQ, Inc. are covered by a separate privacy notice posted at https://www.placeiq.com/privacy/
Supplemental Privacy Notices.
Please note that depending on your U.S. state of residence, you may have additional privacy rights, and the following additional notices may apply:
- For individuals who are California residents, please see our California Notice at Collection and Privacy Notice, which supplements the information contained in this Privacy Notice.
- For individuals who are residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, or Utah, please see our U.S. State Privacy Supplement, which supplements the information contained in this Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect From You & Otherwise Process
At Precisely, we collect and process information about you in various ways and from various sources, as outlined below. For example, you may provide information directly to us or to entities that act on our behalf, or we may collect certain information about you automatically through your use of our Services. We may also receive Personal Data about you indirectly from third-party sources. Some of the information we process is Personal Data. The Personal Data and other information we process depends on the context in which we collect Personal Data about you, your relationship with us, and the choices you make if and when you use the Services.
Information You Provide to Us.
When you use or are considering using our Services, you may provide information to us directly or to entities acting on our behalf. Such information may include the following:
- Business contact details, such as first and last name, job title, employer or business you work for or otherwise represent, phone number, business facsimile number, email address, business mailing address, postal code, state/province, or country. You may provide such information when you send us a message, sign up for our Services on behalf of such business, or interact with us as a representative of an entity with which we may do business, including our partners, resellers, and Customers. You may also provide your name and contact details when you participate in a Community Forum.
- Account Information, such as username and password. You may provide such information when you register to use our Services on behalf of the business you work for.
- Any other information you choose to include in communications with us, such as when you request a demo, fill out a form, send us a message or email, contact us for support, or interact with us through customer support solutions such as the automated chat feature on our Site. Such information could include your reason for contacting us, your preferred method of contact, and the date and time you contacted us.
- Information you provide when participating in our Community Forums, such as your first and last name, business address, email address and other contact details, education and job history, indication of whether you work at Precisely (if applicable), certifications, profile photo, honors or awards, social media sites, status as a mentor/mentee, and the content of your communications and posts in such forums.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Services, we or providers on which we rely may automatically collect certain information about you or your activities. Information we collect automatically may, for example, include:
- Your internet protocol (“IP”) address or mobile device identifier.
- Device type, such as your phone, computer, or tablet.
- The type and version of browser, browser plug-in, operating system and/or platform you are using.
- The domain name of your internet service provider.
- Date and time stamps, such as the date and time you first accessed our Services.
- Timezone setting and location.
- Information collected via cookies and other tracking technologies. This includes information about the content you view and the features you access. For more information see “Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies” below.
- Information regarding when you access and how you use our Services. This includes information regarding the duration of your engagement with certain aspects of the Services, the webpages from which you accessed our Services, and the webpages accessed through our Services.
Information We Obtain from Third Parties
We may also obtain information, including Personal Data, from certain third parties, suppliers and vendors, including the following:
- From our Customers. For instance, when our Customers provide us with your email address and business contact information so that we can establish an account for you as an authorized user of our Services.
- From our use of social media sites. For example, we may receive your profile and contact information when you interact with our social media sites, or when we use social media to identify prospective customers or partners.
- From marketing vendors and partners. For instance, we may receive your name and contact details from other companies with which we partner or work for marketing purposes, such as when we participate in joint marketing campaigns or sponsor events.
- From Data Suppliers. In connection with offering the Services, we may purchase or license information from various data suppliers. This includes information regarding the characteristics associated with residential and commercial addresses and other physical locations, such as whether an address is located in a flood zone, or what the ratings are of the schools assigned to a given address. We may also receive information, which is generally publicly available, from Congressional records, and that identifies commercial and residential property owners. We assign a Precisely ID to each address to represent an address over time and to identify the attributes (e.g., flood zone risk) associated with an address over time. The Precisely ID may be combined with information that is Personal Data.In addition, we may receive information, which may include device ID or location information, from data suppliers and use that information to help us provide our Aggregated Data (as described below) to our Customers. The information we receive from data suppliers in such cases may be Personal Data.
We also process “Aggregated Data” such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose, including to provide the Services. Aggregated Data may be derived from Personal Data, but once in aggregated form it will not constitute Personal Data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we use Aggregated Data about demographics in particular areas to help us provide insights to our Customers. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with Personal Data about you so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Data which will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
How We Use Information
We may use your information, including Personal Data, for various reasons depending on the information provided and the context in which we process it. For instance, we may use your information in the following ways:
To provide the Services. We use your information to provide the Services. For instance, we use your information to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, to create, administer and manage your account, to provide you with demos, and to enable you to sign up for and facilitate your experience in a Community Forum. This is either with your consent or, as the case may be, for the performance of our contract with you and otherwise in our legitimate interests to provide and manage the Services.
In connection with the Data we provide to Customers. The Data we license or otherwise provide to our Customers in connection with offering our products and services may include information, such as information from property tax records, which could indicate, among other data elements, the name of the owner of a commercial or residential property. Such information is generally publicly available information.
To communicate with you. We may contact you via email or other means for a variety of purposes, such as with critical user or service updates, with transactional messages, to inform you of technical issues or other information important to support the Services, to manage product licenses and/or license keys, to respond to requests or communications from you, or to provide you with information and updates regarding our Services. This is for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps prior to entry into a contract, and otherwise in our legitimate interests to keep you up-to-date with such information and provide support.
For analytics purposes. We may use your information relating to your use of the Services to evaluate your usage, preferences, and trends for statistical and/or analytical purposes, which we may use to engage in marketing, advertising, or for operational purposes and product development. We may also use analytics information to improve the user experience and customize, measure and improve our Services and content. This is in our legitimate interests in understanding, customizing and improving our Services.
To engage in marketing and advertising. We may use your information, including Personal Data, to market and advertise to you, including to alert you to and keep you informed about new products, features, services, news, and events via email and other communication channels. We may also co-host, co-sponsor or otherwise be involved in marketing programs (such as trade shows, webinars or other events). Where required by applicable law, we rely on your consent for sending you marketing communications, or otherwise, our legitimate interests in developing our business.
For online advertising. We may partner with third parties in an effort to serve targeted, interest-based advertisements to you. For more information on how we and third-party partners may use your Personal Data for online advertising, please see Targeted Advertising below.
For compliance with law, to enforce our rights and manage our business. We may use your information, including Personal Data, to prevent activity we determine to be potentially illegal or contrary to our Terms of Service, or as permitted or required by law, including for auditing, fraud and security monitoring purposes. We may also use your Personal Data to carry out our obligations, enforce our rights and manage our business, including to enforce the Terms of Service or any other agreement between you and us and to manage Product licenses, license keys, access to Services, updates, and support, or for similar purposes. This is for compliance with our legal obligations, the performance of our contract with you, and otherwise in our legitimate interests in enforcing our rights and managing our business.
For our legitimate interests and in any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or otherwise at your direction or with your consent.
As otherwise disclosed to you or as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Share Personal Data
We may share Personal Data with affiliated and/or unaffiliated entities, or otherwise permit them to access it in a variety of circumstances, such as in connection with providing some or all of the Services, conducting marketing and advertising, and for the operation of our business. For example, we may share Personal Data with the following categories of entities, including for the following purposes:
- With our Affiliates. Our affiliates help us provide the Services and help manage our customer relationships (including providing customer support, customer liaison, etc.), as well as administrative support (including Finance, IT, HR, Legal, Operations, and other management services/oversight, such as sales and partner management and marketing, etc.).
- With our Service Providers (e.g., our hosting provider, CRM and marketing tool providers, our accounting and financial service providers). We employ or engage other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and we may need to share your Personal Data with them. For example, we may share your Personal Data to provide the Services to you, to respond to your technical support questions, to provide customer support, to assist us with our marketing, to assist us with audience engagement and analytics related to the Services, and to improve the user experience and/or to otherwise assist us with providing the Services. Our attorneys, bankers, accountants, auditors, insurers, consultants and other advisors who provide us with their respective services may also need to receive certain elements of your Personal Data.
- With our Customers. Some of the Data we provide to our Customers may include various data elements, such as a residential property owner’s name. In general, this information is publicly available.
- With our Marketing Partners (e.g., our referral, reseller, OEM and other partners). Where we co-host, sponsor or are otherwise involved in marketing or joint marketing programs (such as trade shows, webinars or other events), we may share your Personal Data relevant to the applicable program with our partner(s) for that program. We will only share your Personal Data with these partners for the purpose of carrying out the relevant program.
- In connection with online and targeted advertising. We and third-party partners we engage may share your Personal Data, such as Information We Collect Automatically, with entities throughout the online advertising ecosystem. See Targeted Advertising below for more information.
- With our Partners and Resellers. Our Partners and Resellers help us provide and market the Services (which may include support, software delivery, and installation), and provide Customer feedback.
- With others in a Community Forum. When you sign up for or participate in a Community Forum,the information you provide in your profile or otherwise may be made available to the public and to others who participate in the Community Forum. For instance, your name may be viewable by the public when you make a post. In general, you can choose what information to include in your profile, and the sharing of that information will be subject to the default privacy settings in the Community Forum, which you may choose to adjust. We may share your Personal Data and posts with other community members.
- To comply with legal requirements and enable protection of rights. We may disclose your Personal Data at the request of law enforcement or government agencies, in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes, or as otherwise required by any law, regulation or legal order to which we are subject. We may also disclose your Personal Data to protect the rights, property, or safety of another person, to monitor for or prevent fraud, or to investigate or prevent your violation of any contractual or other relationships with us or your suspected illegal or unlawful activities.
- In connection with a business transaction. If we or any of our affiliates, subsidiaries or lines of business are merged, acquired, divested, financed, sold, disposed of or dissolved, including through merger, consolidation, sale or divestiture of assets, any information collected pursuant to this Privacy Notice, including Personal Data we may possess about you, may, in whole or in part, be sold, disposed of, transferred, divested, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction or proceeding.
- As otherwise described to you or with your consent. We may disclose your Personal Data to unaffiliated entities as otherwise described to you or with your consent.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies
Our Services uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use our Services.
- enable us to provide our Services to you;
- provide us with information about which portions of our Services are the most popular by enabling us to see what portions of the Services users visit and how long they spend on different pages;
- personalize your experience (e.g., to save your password in password-protected areas, or to tailor content, or product and service offerings);
- conduct analytics and provide us with information to improve our Services;
- engage in online and targeted advertising; and
- provide support services and resolve issues which you may experience with our Services.
We, our third-party partners, and others may use your information, which may include Personal Data collected via cookies and other tracking technologies (as described above in Information We Collect Automatically) to engage in targeted advertising and display content that is believed to be relevant to you. Such ads and targeted content may appear on our Site and/or across other domains and may be based on your activities across websites and applications and over time. We may grant some of our third-party partners independent rights to your Personal Data (e.g., your IP address), including rights to use your Personal Data for their own purposes, which may include sharing that information throughout the advertising ecosystem. In such cases, we do not control those third-parties’ further use of your Personal Data and such use is governed by those entities’ respective privacy policies. Where required by applicable law, we rely on your consent or otherwise our legitimate interests in providing you with advertisements that may be of interest to you.
Managing Cookies and Targeted Advertising.
To learn more about cookies generally, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
We may send you marketing communications. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by:
- Clicking the “Update your email preferences or unsubscribe” link in the footer of any marketing communications we may send you to update your preferences; and/or
- Contacting us at any time by visiting How to Contact Us
When you opt-out of receiving these marketing messages, this opt-out will not apply to service-related communications (and any processing of Personal Data about you involved in sending such communications). As examples, these service-related communications may include: emails we may have to send you relating to the management of your account for the Site, your use of the Services, updates to this Privacy Notice, etc.
What Happens If You Do Not Provide Necessary Personal Data?
In some cases we may need to process Personal Data about you, for example, to comply with law or to perform the terms of a contract we have with you. If you do not provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. For example, we may not be able to provide you with the functionalities of the Services (e.g., setting up your account) or we may not be able to respond to or fulfil a request you make of us (e.g., for a demonstration).
In this case, we may not be able to allow you to use our Services but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
What Rights May You Have in Relation to Your Personal Data?
If you are in the European Economic Area or United Kingdom or if the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) otherwise applies, you may have certain rights regarding the Personal Data we have about you that you can exercise in certain circumstances. If your Personal Data is governed by one or more different privacy laws, you may have additional or different rights from the GDPR rights set forth below.
Specifically, under the GDPR, you may have the right to:
- Access the Personal Data we have about you.
- Correct the Personal Data we have about you.
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- Have your Personal Data deleted (i.e., the “right to be forgotten”).
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Not be subject to automated decision-making.
- Take your Personal Data somewhere else (i.e., the right to portability).
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your Personal Data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. However, please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may no longer be able to provide you with our Services. Please visit How To Contact Us below to make any of these requests.
Precisely Software GmbH has appointed Bird & Bird DPO Services SRL as a Data Protection Officer (DPO), and the DPO may be reached via email at DPO.email@example.com or by mail at the following address: Bird & Bird DPO Services SRL, Avenue Louise 235 b 1, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Verifying & Responding to GDPR Requests.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access Personal Data about you (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request, to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one (1) month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We will do our best to accommodate your request but please note that the rights set forth above are not absolute. We hope that you don’t ever have an issue with the way that we handle your Personal Data, but if you do, you can contact us via our Privacy Web Form to let us know so that we can make it right. If you’re ever not happy with the way that we handle your request, you can file a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Where is Personal Data Transferred & Stored?
Precisely is a global business and so your Personal Data may be processed in various countries outside of the country in which you reside, such as in the United States, Canada, Europe, the United Kingdom, India, and Australia for the purposes described above. These countries may not have the same standard of data protection laws as your country. Where this is the case and where required by law, we have put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your Personal Data. If you would like further information about this, please visit How To Contact Us below. You may also contact us by submitting an enquiry via our Privacy Web Form.
Third Party Links
The Services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share Personal Data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy practices. The information practices of those websites or services are not covered by this Privacy Notice. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy disclosure of every site you visit before sharing your Personal Data with any websites or services.
We use a combination of administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect from and about you. However, no system can be completely secure, and we do not guarantee that unauthorized disclosures and access will not happen. Notwithstanding the measures we use to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that your Personal Data or other information will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Notice.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and applicable legal requirements.
The Services are not intended for children below the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data relating to such children. If you are aware of anyone under 16 using the Services, please visit How To Contact Us below.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be changed by Precisely at any time and such changes will apply to information we collected from you pursuant to a previous privacy notice. The revised Privacy Notice will be posted on the appropriate portion(s) of our Site, and in which case we will update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to periodically check back to review this Privacy Notice so that you know what information we collect, how we use it and with whom we share it. If you do not agree to any updates to this Privacy Notice, your choice is to discontinue your use of the Services.
How To Contact Us
To make interacting with Precisely as easy as possible for you, we have created a centralized privacy‑related email address for all the entities to whom this Privacy Notice applies: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by submitting an enquiry via our Privacy Web Form .
Contacting us at this email address or via our Privacy Web Form are the quickest and most efficient methods of addressing any issues you may have relating to this Privacy Notice or Precisely’s processing of your Personal Data.
If you would like to make a complaint regarding this Privacy Notice or our practices in relation to Personal Data about you, please contact us at: email@example.com or via our Privacy Web Form. We will reply to your complaint as soon as we can.
Precisely Software Incorporated, 2023