Real-World Data Governance: The Role of Data Governance in a Data Strategy
A Data Strategy is a plan for moving an organization towards a more data-driven culture. A Data Strategy is often viewed as a technical exercise. A modern and comprehensive Data Strategy addresses more than just the data; it is a roadmap that defines people, process, and technology. The people aspect includes governance, the execution and enforcement of authority, and formalization of accountability over the management of the data.
In this RWDG webinar, Bob Seiner will share where Data Governance fits into an effective Data Strategy. As part of the strategy, the program must focus on the governance of people, process, and technology fixated on treating and leveraging data as a valued asset. Join us to learn about the role of Data Governance in a Data Strategy.
Bob will address the following in this webinar:
- A structure for delivery of a Data Strategy
- How to address people, process, and technology in a Data Strategy
- Why Data Governance is an important piece of a Data Strategy
- How to include Data Governance in the structure of the policy
- Examples of how governance has been included in a Data Strategy