Product Sheet: Transform Mainframe Investments with Precisely Connect and Microsoft
Transform mainframe investments with Precisely Connect and Microsoft
Transform mainframe investments and easily integrate today’s on-prem data into Microsoft Azure unlocking the value of all your enterprise data
Drive Transformation: Precisely and Microsoft
Modernizing your infrastructure shouldn’t mean abandoning the mainframe applications your business has relied on for decades. Data sources, such as the mainframe, provide the context and meaning that you need for accurate customer insights, predictive analytics, fraud detection, risk assessment, and more. However, with limited resources and high complexity – valuable insights from mainframe data is not easily incorporated with modern infrastructure.
There is no reason to choose between innovation or your current technology investments. Precisely Connect, together with Microsoft, enables you to take advantage of enhanced functionality, flexibility, and security, offered in cloud and hybrid environments without losing valuable insights from the mainframe.
Download this solution sheet to learn more about how Precisely and Microsoft can help you gain all the benefits of moving some or all mainframe workloads, applications, and databases to the cloud, while still maintaining your existing investments as you prepare for more consumption of cloud-based solutions.
Bridge Infrastructure Gaps
Increase the efficiency and time to value of migrating mainframe data to the cloud with Connect. Precisely’s expert approach and over 50 years of mainframe experience, means direct access to VSAM files, COBOL Copybooks, IMS data, mainframe fixed and sequential files, and Db2 data – examples of Connect’s unique capabilities include:
- No installation of software on the mainframe needed to restructure mainframe data into readable formats for use with Azure services
– VSAM connections via: FTP, FTPS, Connect: Direct
– Db2/z connections via: ODBC or JDBC
- Leverage existing metadata including copybooks to meet tightening SLAs
- Convert packed decimal, zoned decimals to readable formats
- Handle COBOL high/low values upon ingestion
- Quickly and easily convert EBCDIC to Unicode
- Handle REDEFINEs in COBOL copybooks
- Ingest OCCURS DEPENDING ON variable length arrays
Precisely’s approach to mainframe means that you can build critical links between your legacy systems and Microsoft Azure services, including:
- Cloud data warehouses (Azure SQL Data Warehouse and Snowflake on Azure)
- Compute clusters (Azure Databricks, Azure HDInsight and Hadoop on Azure)
- Azure SQL Database
- Object storage (BLOB, ADLS Gen1 and ADLS Gen2)
- Distributed messaging systems (Kafka on Azure)