Field Encryption for IBM i, using Enforcive Enterprise Security
Enforcive Field Encryption is the simplest and safest way to secure IBM i sensitive data
Secure your sensitive IBM i data
It is a comprehensive platform for file- and field-level encryption, as well as for masking and scrambling.
The management console is a GUI-based module that has been fully integrated into the Enterprise Security product, simplifying operation by using a familiar and intuitive interface. The most remarkable feature is that implementation does not require any source code changes to existing programs in your system as it is application independent encryption.
Enforcive Field Encryption features
- Field-level encryption
- Security, masking, and scrambling
- Role-based key management
- Unlimited multiple keys
- User-defined access
- Control of object placement
- Auto-generated strings
- High availability compatibility
- Save file encryption
- Data protection- Encryption adds a vital layer to the security of an organization’s sensitive data. Enforcive provides GUI- managed file- and field-level security, preventing even power users from accessing data in fields that require limited access.
- Application independence- Enforcive Field Encryption has been engineered to minimize impact on mission critical applications that could be affected by the encrypting and decrypting processes. Existing database file structures remain unchanged. Organizations will typically not require any program changes.
- GUI-based- The product is fully GUI-based allowing security officers who are not necessarily “green screen” experts to easily manage the protection of sensitive data in their organization.
- Compliance- Requirements such as the PCI Data Security Standard (requirement 3) specify protection of stored cardholder data. Enforcive Enterprise Security provides the ultimate answer to that requirement by a foolproof encryption and decryption mechanism using universally accepted PCI-approved encryption algorithm standards.
Integration with Enterprise Security Manager
Although Enforcive encryption and masking features can be deployed independently as a standalone solution, the product can be managed seamlessly within the Enterprise Security Suite. From the GUI of Enforcive Field Encryption, users can move easily between modules. The allocation of keys to users is integrated with Enterprise Security’s user management. Key creation is integrated with Enterprise Security administration role management.
Changes to encryption configurations are logged by Enforcive’s Central Audit and can be reported on in Enforcive’s Report Generator. With the existing features provided by the Enterprise Security product including Exit Point Management, Object Authority Management and IP Packet Filtering, Enforcive offers the ultimate tool for data protection.