Product Sheet: Assure Db2 Data Monitor
Assure Db2 Data Monitor gives you complete control over the visibility of confidential IBM i data
Regulations like PCI DSS and HIPAA have long suggested the benefits of tracking access to confidential data. More recently, regulations like GDPR have begun to require it, and new regulations are likely to follow that lead. Assure Db2 Data Monitor, a feature of Assure Security and part of its Assure Compliance Monitoring feature bundle, is an innovative solution that gives you complete control over the visibility of confidential IBM i data. It monitors and alerts you to users who have viewed sensitive records in Db2 databases, as well as how and when the data was viewed. It even blocks records from view by unauthorized users.
It’s imperative that your organization monitor and control the list of people allowed to access your most sensitive databases, and exactly what data they can read. Hoping that unauthorized users are not viewing corporate financial data, executive compensation, medical data and customer lists is not enough. You need tools to prevent accidental data disclosure and intentional breaches of confidentiality.
With Assure Db2 Data Monitor, you can monitor the security of your most valuable corporate data while meeting the most stringent regulatory requirements for data confidentiality.
Control of Db2 data visibility
- Confidential records are identified by the content of a specified field(s)
- Users can only view the confidential records they are configured to see
- Even administrative users can be blocked from viewing sensitive records
- The file’s owners always have full visibility
Configurable read access criteria
- Powerful criteria allow you to fine tune read access
- Extensive criteria are available, including IP address, job information, day of week, time of day, program stack and more
- Simulation mode allows for testing configurations without impact to daily operations
Logging and alerts on read access
- Views of confidential data rows are logged
- The information logged identifies the file and record that was read, the user who read it and more
- Alerts are sent via popup, email or your specific program
Requires IBM i OS version 7.2 or greater