Passing Your Next Audit: The Challenges of Properly Securing Your IBM i and Maintaining Compliance
Achieving optimal security on the IBM i isn’t so much a destination as it is a journey that’s marked by a continual series of efforts toward improvement. IBM i security challenges are constantly changing, new and expanded compliance regulations are being introduced, and there are new technologies and best practices to consider.
Organizations that run business applications on IBM i must adequately secure their systems to meet compliance regulations; however, being in compliance doesn’t mean your IBM i is fully secured.
Overcoming common IBM i security challenges
To achieve a security posture that is a real deterrent to theft or fraud – whether perpetrated by external or internal actors – a determined, consistent effort is required that combines the right mix of technologies, expertise and best practices.
A recent survey by Precisely, of organizations with IBM i systems in their IT infrastructure, shows the impact that security andcompliance have on IT priorities:
- Security is the most frequently reported IT priority for the coming year
- 36% say security is their number one IT priority in the year ahead
- 70% say they are only somewhat confident or less in the effectiveness of their security program
- 25% say the growing complexity of regulations presents a challenge to ensuring security
Download this eBook to learn more about IBM i security challenges commonly faced by staff at IBM i shops in their efforts to harden security and pass compliance audits, including:
- Enforcing security and compliance policies
- Defending against unauthorized access (particularly via open-source protocols)
- Auditing and tracing suspicious activity
- Keeping sensitive data away from prying eyes
- Limiting powerful profiles
We’ll also explore the technologies and best practices that can provide much-needed solutions.