Heinz Watties Australia
Assure Monitoring and Reporting alerts Heinz Watties Australia to security exceptions in real time
As a multinational company that is audited extensively for SOX compliance, Heinz Watties Australia must ensure that their Business Planning and Control Systems and other mission critical files are routinely monitored to comply with regulatory guidelines.
In this case study you’ll learn how Heinz Watties Australia chose Assure Monitoring and Reporting to automatically create and distribute standard and custom reports and alert on security exceptions in real time.
Heinz is a large multinational company that is audited extensively for SOX compliance, and they needed to determine which solution was a ‘best fit’ for their environment to ensure that their BPCS and other mission critical files are audited to comply with regulatory guidelines.
The requirements for their selection process included:
- Changes to files must be captured and kept for at least one year
- Access to the captured information must be easy to achieve (i.e. user friendly)
- Reporting must be on a weekly / monthly basis and ad-hoc reports may need to be developed as required
- The ability to provide automated reporting must be available
- Real time email reporting for exceptions must also be provided
- This solution must be implemented on all 5 LPARS within budgetary constraints
- As a deadline existed for the implementation of this solution, implementation needed to be straight forward and capable of being carried out mainly by the Heinz IT Department
After researching the solutions available to him, Bonanno favored Precisely’s Assure Monitoring and Reporting solution as it contained many features that were of interest to him.
Those features of interest included:
- Easy to install and set up; no need for any application modifications
- All types of journal entries are accepted (QAUDJRN, QACGJRN, QZMF), as well as user-defined entries
- Compatible with journaling-based high-availability and replication software
- Separate management of journals and receivers is permitted; ideal for customers that use hardware replication/IASP
- Unique and powerful query engine allows precise condition definitions
- Numerous report output types: physical file, PDF, XLS, CSV, etc.
- Event notification via e-mail, popup or syslog
- Report distribution via SMTP, FTP or via the IFS
- Ad hoc, periodic, and real-time reports and alerts
- Extraction and reporting can be independent steps from each other, allowing you to retain extracted data for future reporting
- Can be used on-demand during investigations
- Audit models can be created, saved and restored
- Standard audit models are included for the most popular ERP software.