Graco Implements Precisely EnterWorks MDM for Business Agility and Efficiency
Founded in 1926, Graco Inc. is a leading manufacturer and provider of premium pumps and spray equipment for the construction, manufacturing, processing and maintenance industries.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, Graco works closely with distributors around the world to offer innovative products that set the quality standard for spray finishing, paint circulation, lubrication, sealant and adhesives dispensing, process application, and contractor power equipment. Graco employs approximately 3,500 people worldwide and serves thousands of customers in over 100 countries.
Graco stands out for its rich history focused on quality products, industry-leading innovation, and solid partner-ships with customers and suppliers around the world.
As an extensive, global organization, Graco faced challenges in maintaining updated and accurate product information across its various locations and channels. Due to the decentralized nature of its business, teams and associates operated in silos of data. Product information was managed in various areas, from spreadsheets to word documents, leading to inconsistencies and inefficiency.
Additionally, Graco planned on releasing a new website in 2018, and knew that a PIM was critical to its success.
The company set out to deploy a system to centrally manage all product information, automate internal processes, and prepare the company for growth.
To tackle business efficiency, data quality, and customer satisfaction, Graco turned to Precisely EnterWorks for a Master Data Management (MDM) and Product Information Management (PIM) solution to:
- Create a single, unified repository for all product content for the Graco brand
- Act as the product information backbone for a new website, launched in 2018
- Implement an efficient process for entering and managing product content
- Include validation and quality rules to improve the consistency and accuracy of data
- Automate the syndication of data for trading partners like Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, and Amazon
- Make the data management and translation processes more efficient
- Create a better customer experience across online and offline channels
Read more about how Graco utilized Precisely EnterWorks to simplify the customer experience online, making product selection easier with faceted search and tags.