Assure Multi-Factor Authentication
Strengthen password security with Multi-Factor Authentication. As stories of data breaches caused by exploited credentials continue to make headlines, it is clear that basic password protection mechanisms are no longer good enough. Organizations require an additional layer of protection that is also easy to use and doesn’t impose an additional burden on administrators.
Multi-factor authentication, also referred to as twofactor authentication, has become a popular method for strengthening security since it requires a user to provide more than one identifying factor prior to accessing a system, an application or its data. These factors can include something they know (user id, password, PIN), something they have (email account, smart phone, token device) or something they are (finger print, iris scan).
Assure Multi-Factor Authentication, a feature of Assure Security, improves the security of your IBM i system and core business applications. With Assure you can:
- Add an authentication layer beyond memorized or written passwords
- Meet regulatory requirements and recommendations in PCI DSS 3.2, HIPAA, 23 NYCRR 500, Swift Alliance Access and others
- Invoke rules-based multi-factor authentication only for users or specific situations that require it Lower the risk of unauthorized access to systems, applications and data
- Reduce the risk of data theft and its costs and consequences
- Maintain an audit trail of multi-factor authentication failures for alerts, reports or integration with a SIEM solution
- The use of Assure authentication can be expanded to support password self-service and the “four eyes principle” of supervised changes to sensitive data.
- Deploy and administer your MFA rules through a simple, intuitive GUI
Assure authentication provides peace of mind by ensuring only authorized individuals obtain access to your systems and sensitive data, and delivers the flexibility to meet the needs of your environment and business. Multi-factor authentication can be integrated into the IBM i 5250 signon screen or invoked on demand.
Read the product sheet to learn more.