"AppExchange" means the online directory of on-demand applications that work with the Service, located at www.appexchange.com or at any successor websites. "Reseller" means Pitney Bowes Software.
"Reseller Application" means Underwriter’s Location Profiler.
"Platform" means the online, Web-based platform service provided by SFDC to Reseller in connection with Reseller’s provision of the Reseller Application to You.
"SFDC Service" means the online, Web-based application and platform service generally made available to the public via wwww.salesforce.com and/or other designated websites, including associated offline components but excluding AppExchange applications.
"SFDC" means salesforce.com.
"Your Data" means all electronic data or information submitted by You as and to the extent it resides in the Service.
1. Use of Service.
(b) Notwithstanding any access You may have to the Platform or the SFDC Service via the Reseller Application, Reseller is the sole provider of the Reseller Application and You are entering into a contractual relationship solely with Reseller. In the event that Reseller ceases operations or otherwise ceases or fails to provide the Reseller Application, SFDC has no obligation to provide the Reseller Application or to refund You any fees paid by You to Reseller.
(c) You (i) are responsible for all activities occurring under Your User accounts; (ii) are responsible for the content of all Your Data; (iii) shall use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, the Platform and the SFDC Service, and shall notify Reseller or Salesforce.com promptly of any such unauthorized use You become aware of; and (iv) shall comply with all applicable local, state, federal and foreign laws and regulations in using the Platform and the SFDC Service.
(e) You shall not (i) modify, copy or create derivative works based on the Platform or the SFDC Service; (ii) frame or mirror any content forming part of the Platform or the SFDC Service, other than on Your own intranets or otherwise for Your own internal business purposes; (iii) reverse engineer the Platform or the SFDC Service; or (iv) access the Platform or the SFDC Service in order to (A) build a competitive product or service, or (B) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Platform or the SFDC Service.
4. Compelled Disclosure. If either You or SFDC is compelled by law to disclose confidential information of the other party, it shall provide the other party with prior notice of such compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at the other party’s cost, if the other party wishes to contest the disclosure.
5. Suggestions. You agree that SFDC shall have a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sublicenseable, irrevocable, perpetual license to use or incorporate into any SFDC products or services any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback provided by You or Your Users relating to the operation of the Platform and/or the SFDC Service.
7. Subscriptions Non-Cancelable. Subscriptions for the Platform and the SFDC Service are non-cancelable during a subscription term, unless otherwise specified in Your agreement with Reseller.
8. Data Storage. The Platform and SFDC Service includes a certain cumulative amount of storage per User subscription for no additional charge. Contact Your Reseller for additional information. Additional storage may be available for purchase from the Reseller.
9. No Warranty. SALESFORCE.COM MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WITH RESPECT TO THE PLATFORM, THE SFDC SERVICE, AND/OR THE RESELLER APPLICATION, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. SALESFORCE.COM MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE RESELLER APPLICATION. SALESFORCE.COM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) THE RESELLER APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE, SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH THE SALESFORCE.COM SERVICE OR ANY OTHER APPLICATION, SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA, (B) THE RESELLER APPLICATION, THE PLATFORM OR THE SFDC SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (C) ANY DATA STORED USING THE RESELLER APPLICATION WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR SECURE, (D) ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE RESELLER APPLICATION, THE PLATFORM, OR THE SFDC SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (E) THE RESELLER APPLICATION OR THE SYSTEMS USED BY RESELLER TO MAKE RESELLER APPLICATION AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE PLATFORM AND THE SFDC SERVICE IS PROVIDED STRICTLY ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SALESFORCE.COM DISCLAIMS ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO RESELLER APPLICATION AND THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
10. No Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL SFDC HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY USER FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES BASED ON LOST PROFITS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
11. Further Contact. SFDC may contact You regarding new SFDC service features and offerings.
12. Google Programs and Services. Platform or SFDC Service features that interoperate with Google programs and services depend on the continuing availability of applicable Google application programming interfaces (“APIs”) and programs for use with the Platform and the SFDC Service. If Google Inc. ceases to make such APIs and/or programs available on reasonable terms to SFDC, SFDC may cease providing such features without entitling You or Reseller to any refund, credit, or other compensation.