“Map Tile” means the data needed to render an appropriate map of 1/22n of a projected version of the portion of the Earth’s geography between approximately 85 and -85 degrees latitude, where n is the cardinal zoom level being used. A Map Tile at one zoom level quadrisects the Map Tiles of the next lower zoom level. For example, at zoom level 0, one tile covers the whole projected area, at zoom level 1, the Map Tile covers ¼ of the projected area, at zoom level 2, a Map Tile covers 1/16 of the projected area. Map Tiles will be served to you from Mapbox APIs as raster image tiles.
“Map Tiles API” means http://api.tiles.mapbox.com or another URL identified by Mapbox that returns Map Tiles requested by the API user.
“Map View” means 15 Map Tiles served by the Mapbox Map Tiles API.
a) Licensed Map Tiles must be accessed directly by you through the Map Tiles API. Each request to the Map Tiles API must include one of Precisely’s unique API access tokens.
b) Licensed Map Tiles may be cached on your devices for offline use, however, each device must populate its cache using direct requests to the Map Tiles API, and content from a cache may only be consumed by a single user. You may not redistribute Map Tiles, including from a cache or by proxying.
c) You may not derive or extract data through tracing or other means from map tiles, including satellite imagery, for any purpose.
d) You will not knowingly engage in the following use of the Licensed Map Tiles, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to avoid any such use:
- disseminating material that is abusive, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, harassing, grossly offensive, vulgar, threatening, or malicious;
- aiding or implementing practices violating basic human rights or civil liberties;
- creating a false identity or otherwise attempting to mislead any person as to the identity or origin of any communication;
- interfering, disrupting, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to any Mapbox accounts, services, or computer networks; or
- disseminating, storing, or transmitting viruses, Trojan horses, or any other malicious code or program.
e) You will not redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Licensed Map Tiles except as expressly permitted in your license agreement. Mapbox reserves all rights in Licensed Map Tile and any other Mapbox data, services, or products, not expressly granted to you in your license agreement. You will not use the Licensed Map Tiles in any manner beyond the scope of the license granted in your license agreement.