Product Sheet: Assure Encryption v6.0
Protect IBM i data privacy and achieve compliance with Assure Encryption
Customers, business partners and employees trust you to protect their confidential information from unauthorized access and theft. Any breach of that data would negatively impact relationships and your business’ reputation.
In addition to preventing theft of data by criminal intruders, internal staff, contractors and business partners should only be allowed to see the specific data to which they are authorized.
In fact, industry and state regulations such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, GDPR and more mandate encryption of personally identifiable information (PII), payment card information (PCI) and personal health information (PHI).
In addition to data encryption, tokenization may also be used to replace sensitive data with replacement (token) values. Tokenization removes sensitive data from the production server, removing that server from the scope of compliance.
Assure Encryption, a feature of Assure Security and part of the Assure Data Privacy feature bundle, is trusted by organizations worldwide to protect their private data. It encrypts data anywhere it resides on the IBM i, including database fields, backup tapes, Save files, IFS files and more. The solution is optimized for performance and is the only NIST-validated AES database encryption solution for IBM i. Built-in masking, logging, and tokenization capabilities make Assure Encryption the clear choice for privacy of IBM i data at rest.
- Encrypts data such as credit card numbers, bank account information, salary data, birth dates and other personally identifiable information instantly without impacting applications
- Greatly reduces compliance exposure by replacing sensitive data with tokens that have similar characteristics but no value
- Protects your organization’s intellectual property and the data of customers, partners and employees from theft
- Meets or exceeds the data privacy requirements of GDPR, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, GLBA/FFIEC and other regulations for protecting data at rest
- Ensures sensitive data in databases, spool files, IFS and backup tapes is encrypted using best practice
- Ensures encryption keys will be properly managed and secured to avoid encryption breaches